Monday, November 24, 2008
For Me?? You shouldn't have!
Nothing is more transparent than when we try to conceal feelings of pride with protestations of modesty. So I won't even try. Aw shucks, I am elephant-happy and rhinoceros-glad to be the recipient of a Superior Scribbler award from my powerful sista' SjP at Sojourner's Place! You feel real, real good when folk you respect say something nice about you. I have the utmost respect for Sista SjP for her style, substance, and perspective. I truly feel that I have been knowing her all my life. So this is quite an honor.
Now, the rules that follow as a consequence.
1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
I am passing the Superior Scribbler Award to the following diverse five who have inspired me through their unique insights, providing me with a more diverse perspective. Y'all keep up the good work!
These are my choices:
My sis Hagar's Daughter
Another sis The Old Black Church
My lil' bro Fresh & Fab
Pjazzy @ Traces of a Stream because anyone who is familiar with J. Royster is alright with me!
Sista gp at A Southern Thang because the culture fascinates me and contributes to our dignity in under-appreciated ways.
There are many other bloggers whose work touches me deeply and who are really doin' it but I am limited to these. Please check them out as well as my sista and friend Sjp @ Sojourner's Place.
Peace Be With Thee!