Reflections on the issues facing a contemporary ministry in an urban
small-membership church that is socially conscious as well as salvation cognizant.
Monday, November 24, 2008
For Me?? You shouldn't have!
Nothing is more transparent than when we try to conceal feelings of pride with protestations of modesty. So I won't even try. Aw shucks, I am elephant-happy and rhinoceros-glad to be the recipient of a Superior Scribbler award from my powerful sista' SjP at Sojourner's Place! You feel real, real good when folk you respect say something nice about you. I have the utmost respect for Sista SjP for her style, substance, and perspective. I truly feel that I have been knowing her all my life. So this is quite an honor.
Now, the rules that follow as a consequence.
1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
I am passing the Superior Scribbler Award to the following diverse five who have inspired me through their unique insights, providing me with a more diverse perspective. Y'all keep up the good work!
Male, Afra-feminist, Liberationist, Doctor of Ministry (DMin), Pastor/Social Activist of an urban, inner-city church offering a theological perspective on the day to day issues faced by a marginalized people.