In any challenge or struggle, when we limit our possibilities to what is visible we will often be overwhelmed by the opposing forces and fret more than necessary. The visible battlefield, however does not reveal all the factors in the struggle. There are also invisible forces that work quietly yet effectively on our behalf.
This past Friday I received an unexpected large contribution to my nonprofit corporation from a donor that I did not know nor ever heard of (not Oprah). With the economic crisis wreaking havoc indiscriminately it was certainly a surprise. Equally astonishing and marvelous was the Emblem of the Helping Hand award created by Sojourner's Place as a symbol of help, support, and encouragement to up and coming bloggers and appreciation for those who mentor those new to the blogosphere.
To me, this is a very special award because when wading into the blogosphere there is apprehension that your feet may not touch the bottom and you find yourself in over your head. Thank God that there are those invisible and unsung "angels watching over me" ready to throw a life preserver and teach you how to navigate these tricky waters.
In the spirit of this award to "pay that help and support forward", I want to first acknowledge my blogging mentors in recognition of their help and support. I recognize that you are multiple recipients of this recognition because "this is what you do!" Nevertheless,
1. Sojourner's Place: You are a gem! You inspire high standards and keep it real. Definitely my #1 fave sistah!
2. Regina's Family Seasons:
You have so many blog children it is amazing. You provide a fresh, friendly, family atmosphere and are very caring and nurturing.
3. Sagacious Rambling: Roshelle has been as prolific and hardworking in her support of others as she is in blogging.
4. Hagar's Daughter: My fellow servant of the Word, insightful, spiritual, and whose writings keep me grounded.
5. Mista JayCee: Who makes me check my stuff before getting out there and then provides the friendly agitation that he knows will make me respond.
Now, I want to "pay it forward" to the following blogs that are really doin' it out there and also are an inspiration to me:
1. A Southern Thang, "Good People" presenting commentary from that noble southern flava'.
2.The Old Black Church, Musings from the traditional black church that highlights many of the values that we have lost.
3. Where There's A Will, The journeys of a free-spirited and open young wife and mother with a thirst for knowledge.
4. Vanity Dark, An interesting blog from a highly creative soul with unique insight and perspective.
5. Busy Mind of A Quiet Man. You will enjoy the flavor of this blog which is shaped by the writer's unique past and present.
1. Select 10 bloggers: 5 you consider your blogging Helping Hand then "Pay it Forward" by extending your "Helping Hand" to 5 additional bloggers in support and encouragement for their efforts.
2, In passing on the Emblem, each recipient must provide the name of blog or blog author with a link for others to visit.Each recipient must show the Emblem and put the name and link to the blog that has given it to her or him.
3. Link the Emblem to this post: Helping Hand: Much Obliged and Paying it Forward so that others will know it origin and impetus.
4. If you have not already done so, show your recipients some love by adding them to your blog roll, Technorati Favorite list, or in any other way to further let them know that their blog voice is important to you and being heard.
5. Add your name to The Helping Hand meme and don't forget to leave a comment as a permanent record of all Helping Hand recipients.
6. Display the rules.
Whatever one touches, his aim should always be to leave that which he touches better than he found it. Benjamin E. Mays
Lord, open his eyes that he may see. And behold, the mountains were full of horses and chariots round about. 2 Kings vi. 17